Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Creation is a challenge

So I have been really searching for great art out there on "the nets" and rediscovered an old friend. In the rediscovery of that friend and following links to other amazing artists, I find that I really miss doing the illustration and fine art I used to do. I have become so involved in graphic design that I think I am starting to lose that side of me. So in an effort to redevelop lost talent, and from inspiration of old and new friends I am setting up a new blog to showcase that art. Just a chance to make me keep going. I figure if I have somewhere to show it, then I guess I better create it. Also since no one will pay me for it, I might as well do it for myself. So go to www.tanniesmith.blogspot.com to check it out. Tell all your friends too! (this is in a desperate attempt to gain clients of course.) :-)

4 comments:

Syl said...

I'm excited to go check out your art. You are SO talented, I am glad you are going to use that side of your art talent now. Way to go, Tannie!

Wayne Allen said...

Don't give up on the design side. It is the side that usually pays the bills. I sometimes get all inspired and want to create art too, but I then remember I am a designer more than an artist. Then I get back on my computer and get back to work. Oh well, someone, I hope, thinks what I do is art... and if not oh well.

Lonna said...

I like the new page. I am looking forward to seeing all the great stuff that you have been and are doing on the side. How is it that you can manage to be a great mom of two, run a business, and find some time on the side to do extra art? Amazing.

Leslie said...

It is so rewarding to re-discover old talents. It looks like you are picking back up quickly and enjoying it just as much! So fun to see what you've been working on, you are an inspiration. :)