Monday, August 24, 2009

Today is the first day of Kindergarten for my oldest son, Austin. It is official, I am now the mother of a big kid. My vacation time is now dictated by the Leander School District. My tears are now dry and I am thinking that this might be a good thing.


We are off to school. We all walked, or scootered as the case may be, to Austin's school.


Get it. Austin, Texas. Ha ha.


Right outside his class. He went right to it, like he has been going all year, but is still a little unsure.


He thinks having a locker is just about the coolest thing possible.



At our seat, excited to make new friends.


"what, I have parents?" He obviously moves on quickly.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Oohh school. That is a big step. Glad to see you back in the blogging world!

Leslie said...

Wow-way to hold it together for the first day of kindergarten! Oh and Austin too. :)
and what? lockers already? crime must be starting earlier these days.
I love the Austin/Austin thing, really the only thing our kids are going to be recognized for is having names from the Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
Looks like the first day was a success!

Lonna said...

You are one brave woman Tannie. I love that all of you took the walk, and scoot him to school. I wanted to cry reading this post and I still have a couple of years before I have to face the all day classes, and school administrations. But on the brighter note look at the free time you now have to blog, and take a nap if you want...and I hear that it is not nearly as traumatic for the next child, so things are looking up.

Welcome back. I have missed you and your awesomeness.

Renee said...

Austin...map of Texas...clever! I love Texas! Are your schools good? I swear Texas schools are a step above the rest. Glad your back to blogging. I finally have mine caught up so I look forward to keeping up with yours also.

Syl said...

I cried when Jen went to kindergarten! but as you have noticed there are perks! congratulations school mom!