Monday, March 3, 2008

Dan who???

Well it IS that time again. Right smack in the middle of tax season, which means no more Dan. I keep expecting to just eventually grow numb to his absence. Letting it just seep into my daily routine, but then he shows up for Sunday and is so much fun, I have to start all over with realizing that he is literally only there on Sunday. I wake up Monday and it's like "who was that mystery man?" I don't know if any of you noticed in the video of Austin in the previous blog, I ask Austin if he wants to say anything to his dad and he looks up and says "who?" and I have to repeat "you know, your DAD." So that about sums it up. "Oh where, oh where has my little Dan gone?"

5 comments:

Lonna said...

you are a great wife for getting along alone for such a long amount of time during the year. I think that I may have started looking for a replacement by now. I do think that is funny that Austin said who to that little question. What a crack up.

Leslie said...

I agree with Lonna, way to be independent! I can usually hold it together until exactly 6 pm when Ryan walks in the door, but during school it's going to be a whole new story. I'm glad you are capturing the little moments for Dan...sounds like you may need a video of Dan for the kids! :)

Lauren said...

Hmmm... this does not sound promising to the wife of an accounting student. Maybe it's not to late to change his mind...

Anonymous said...

That sounds really difficult! Especially when he is so fun and memorable when he is around...only a month to go! I liked the idea of taking video footage of Dan for your boys to watch, just to help them remember!
love,
syl

Anonymous said...

During Adam's first year of dental school he came home and Samantha shouted "look daddy's visiting today!" We got a kick out of that because it really did feel like he was a visitor in our home! :)